Case Study - RAC Future Car Challenge
In 2010 Eventageous PR was tasked with launching the inaugural Brighton to London Future Car Challenge. The challenge was open for Electric, Hybrid and Low-Emission Internal Combustion Engine passenger cars and motorcycles to use the lowest energy on a 60 mile route from Madeira Drive, Brighton to Pall Mall & Regent Street, London. She has continued to develop this role during the past 3 years. The promotion included:
- Promoting the development of new-energy and related technology of vehicles/manufacturers entered
- Tying in historically with the Royal Automobile Club’s world famous London to Brighton Veteran Car Run whilst protecting the brand image and reputation
- Producing and delivering a series of compelling stories, facts, figures and interviews
- Utilising celebrity contact book to take part and support the challenge
- Managing the editorial content for media partners including: Daily Telegraph, Auto Express, Autocar, Evo and Octane
- Liaising with sponsors, rally participants, through to car manufacturers and media.
- Event media accreditation – managing media centers in multiple locations – pre, during and post event
The RAC Future Car Challenge event publicity generated over £3.5 million PR/event exposure, over 37minutes of national TV news coverage (despite the BBC strike the same weekend!) and over 300 national press articles in less than 8 weeks.
As a direct result Eventageous PR was then entrusted with the management of the prestigious London to Brighton Veteran Car Run – The World’s Longest Running Motoring Event spanning 116 years and continues to work for the Royal Automobile club and their prestigious awards.
Thank you to the following event photographers for the kind use of their images:
Martyn Goddard - www.martyngoddard.com
Allan Rhodes - www.allanrhodes.co.uk
James Mann - www.jamesmann.com
Jeff Bloxham - www.jeffbloxham.com
Tom Dymond - www.tomdymond.co.uk
Lee Mortlock - www.lgmphotographic.co.uk
Sussex Photography - www.sussexsportphotography.com
Don Wales Photography - www.donwalesphotography.co.uk
Mark Lewis - www.marklewisphotography.co.uk
Gary Harman and Dennis Wood
Del Hickey - www.derekh3